Mitesh Patel is the Principal of Patel Burkhalter Law Group in Atlanta, Georgia. With a head for business law and a heart for southern charm, he serves his clients with intelligence and dogged determination. He began his legal career as an attorney with the international law firm of Bryan Cave, LLP (formerly Powell Goldstein, LLP), where he served in business transactions and securities, and later joined Busch Slipakoff, LLP, where he was a member of the business transactions, corporate and taxation group.
Prior to beginning his career in the legal field, Mitesh was a successful financial analyst for a multi-billion dollar international manufacturing corporation. While serving in this role, he was honored to be chosen by the Japanese Vice President to be his American liaison while traveling on client and supplier corporate trips. Mitesh has never been content to learn only one or two trades, though; he likes to stay well rounded. He also has experience in executive recruiting and once served as a firefighter as well as being member and Captain of the Knoxville Volunteer Emergency Rescue Squad.
Mitesh is a member of the Georgia Bar and has acted as a Board Member of the South Asian Bar Association. He graduated from the University of Tennessee with a BS in Finance and received his JD from the University of Florida. He originally hails from Tazewell, TN and now resides in Atlanta, GA with his wife, son, daughter and dog. When not assisting his clients, he enjoys cooking, entertaining, exercising and has a penchant for scotch nosing.
What I love about my job is building relationships with my clients, both business and personal, and being a conduit for the success of their ventures. I look forward to the opportunity to work with them and enjoy being able to watch them succeed.
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Technology and Technology Startups
- Government & Municipalities
- IT Services
- Professional Services
- Complete Business Life Cycle Representation
- Contract Negotiations
- Public & Private Securities Offerings
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Business Succession Planning
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Fundraising for Start-ups
- Corporate Structuring & Entity Formation
- General Counsel Representation
- International Entity Structuring, Formation & Taxation
- Structured and executed the international expansion of a multi-state domestic construction company.
- Developed a state-by-state operational plan for a construction conglomerate, including project-based task documentation, implementation plan, operating procedures, training, accounting procedures and post-project risk management.
- Developed purchasing procedures, guidelines, and corresponding documents in order to help a multi-state industrial general contractor reduce risk and the variables associated with multi-million-dollar custom equipment purchases.
- Provided executive-level training on country-specific corporate practices and governance.
- Successfully managed and negotiated settlements for two international subcontractors in one of the largest private building projects in North American history.
- Multi-million dollar public and private securities transactions for international companies, including the initial public offering of a $1.2 billion publicly-traded REIT.
- General counsel representation for several privately-held companies including serving as General Counsel for an industry-leading international construction company.